Once you get out of prison, one of the most pressing needs is finding a decent job. After all, how else would you lead a normal and independent life? However, the chances are that your past will come to haunt you in your job hunt as employers are generally hesitant to hire ex-convicts.
Luckily, there are big private companies that are ready to take a chance on felons. One such company is Meijer, which is known to not discriminate against felons.
With over 72,200 employees, Meijer has managed to be a leading grocery chain in the USA. Recently, it realized a revenue of approximately US$16.6 billion, making it a force to be reckoned with in the food market.
The operations of the company are mostly clustered in the Midwest, with over 200 stores in Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. Since the company has various departments and subdivisions ranging from distribution centers to corporate offices, Meijer has a lot of employment opportunities.
How Much Does It Pay?
While the exact pay scale may vary, according to data collected from employees and job advertisements, the average pay rate of a Meijer employee varies from an estimated amount of $8.35 to $16.18 per hour. The lowest hourly pay is a worker who prepares food, while the highest is for a Hi-Lo driver.
When it comes to salaries of upper-level jobs, the lowest is that of a cashier with an annual income of $16,309 and the highest is a director with approximately $104,204 per annum. Other designations, including manager and team leaders, have salaries between this spectrum.
Benefits for Employees
Some of the benefits offered to employees include:
- A retirement plan
- Coverage of medical and prescription expenses as well as dental and vision
- Flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health saving accounts
- Paid holiday and time off
- Primary life insurance
- Insurance against accidental death and dismemberment
- Adoption benefits
- Discounts on products
- Scholarship for education
The hiring process of Meijer is as follows:
- Visit its portal where various jobs are listed and apply for the one you like.
- For the application process, an online form containing information about your work experience, education, resume, and background is to be filled.
- Screened candidates are called for an interview.
- A background and drug test will be conducted after the interview phase.
The fact that Meijer projects itself as an equal-employment-opportunity for all is bound to come in handy for ex-convicts. Use your second chance wisely.
Find jobs and apply at https://jobs.meijer.com/.