FedEx is one of the largest multinational courier delivery companies which is known for its overnight shipping and delivery service. Another one of its success is the invention of a system through which it can track packages to provide the current location of the package.
The company was established in 1971 and has around 400,000 as of 2016. The company is earning an amazingly high revenue. In only 2017, its revenue has gone up by US$60.319 billion.
Benefits for the Employees
- Increase in the salary based on how each individual performs.
- Discounts are offered to the employees if they want to ship personal things. They also get discount on airplane
- Rewards and other incentives are offered on individual and team-based efforts and contributions.
- After retirement, the company provides financial security.
- Tuition assistance is provided to the deserving as they believe in continuous learning.
- Insurance for dental and medical for employees.
Paid leaves are available annually. Moreover, they allow one to leave for weddings and maternity and paternity leaves.
Most felons might have reported that getting a job at FedEx was very difficult for them. However, it has been changing and some researchers report that FedEx indeed hires felons. However, it mostly depends on the kind of crime they have committed. If the crime is big or violent, the chances would be difficult.
Getting a manual job is relatively easier for felons as compared to jobs like a driver or courier which would require them to have experience.
Like most companies, FedEx also has a background check on the people who are applying for a job. This means that if they have committed a crime in the last 10 years, the company would know about it from the check. Moreover, it has a drug test in addition to the background check.
Just because you were a felon in the past doesn’t mean that all doors for growth should be closed on your face. Even more importantly, if you have not done it for several years, you should be given another shot at life. What better way to rehabilitate than by getting a job and sorting your life out.
Find jobs and apply at https://careers.fedex.com/fedex/