Costco is a retailer that operates in several parts of the world and is worth billions of dollars. Its revenue in 2017 is $129.0 billion. It has warehouse operations in several countries. It is, hence, a large, sprawling company that also considers its employees like a family unit.
This company is a membership warehouse club that provides all sorts of merchandise, both brand names and generic. There are also special and exclusive items and services to be found at Costco Wholesale. It is meant to be a holistic provider for everything a customer could want or need.
Costco has more than 71 million members. With more than 500 locations in the US alone, it provides employment to a large number of people.
- Costco pays a decent wage, with the starting pay being around $11.50 per hour.
- On average, the employee wage is over $21 per hour.
- The averages do not include overtime wages.
- There is a very attractive benefits package which may also include the dependents and partners of Costco employees.
- Healthcare, retirement, and life insurance are also taken care of.
Benefits for Employees
Along with the attractive wages, Costco employees can expect the following benefits:
- A family environment
- A high standard of business ethics
- An overall positive atmosphere
- A very high score on the compensation and benefits scale
- A decent amount of senior leadership, meaning a record of job security
- Generally positive feedback on the work/life balance ratio
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Focus on values and culture
Hiring Process and Job Requirements
When applying for a position with Costco, all applicants need to provide consent to a credit and background check. There would also need to be full disclosure of the professional history and some elements of personal data. The employing managers would also require all information on one’s criminal activities, references from past employers, and their legal work permit or status.
Extensive and official research shows that Costco Wholesale is not inclined toward hiring felons. Many of the positions available here require money handling, which requires very strict background checks.
However, there is no apparent restriction on felons applying for jobs at Costco. If one does apply, the hiring process would consider each situation individually. For instance, they would look at how long the applicant has been free and their behavior since their release. Their conviction is also taken into account and judged on whether it was violent or non-violent.
Find jobs and apply at https://www.costco.com/jobs.html.